WIZnet plans to launch the first engineering sample of its hardwired Internet controller supporting IPv4/v6 dual stack in Q4 2018.
For the past 20 years, WIZnet has built its brand within the embedded market with its IPv4 based hardwired Internet controllers. Due to the exponential growth of the IoT market and the increasing demand for IPv6, WIZnet is finally ready to bring W6100 to market in Q4 this year.
W6100 is an IPv4/IPv6 dual stack supported chip that integrates 10Base-T/]100Base-Tx Ethernet PHY and Ethernet MAC Controller as well as protocol layers such as TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4, ICMPv6, IGMP, ARP, and PPPoE. W6100 represents a big step forward for WIZnet as the one-chip solution for the IPv6-based IoT market.
W6100 supports eight independent hardware sockets, various SOCKET-less commands, and IPv6 auto configuration and interfaces with the target host through SPI or Parallel System BUS. It has 32KB memory for communication and provides WOL (Wake On LAN) and Ethernet PHY Power Down mode for low power dissipation.
The chip offers two package types, 48LQFP and 48QFN, and is fully pin-compatible with the recently released W5100S.
WIZnet is calling for customers who would like to test engineering samples in Q4.
We recommend our distributors to inform their customers of W6100 and gather interest.
Below are the main features of W6100.
- Support Hardware TCP/IP Protocol : TCP, UDP, IPv6, IPv4, ICMPv6, ICMPv4, IGMP, MLDv1, ARP, PPPoE
- Support IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack
- Support 8 independent sockets simultaneously with 32KB memory
- Support SOCKET-less Command:
- ARP, PING, ICMPv6(PING, ARP, DAD, NA, RS) Command for IPv6 Auto Configuration & Network Monitoring
- Support SPI & Parallel Host Interface
- Support Ethernet Power Down Mode & Main Clock Switching for Power Save
- Support Auto Negotiation
- Support Auto MDIX only on Auto Negotiation Mode
- 3.3V Operation with 5V I/O Signal Tolerance
- 48 Pin LQFP & QFN Lead-Free Package (7×7 mm)
- W5100S Pin-to-Pin Compatible